Electrical Panel Repair in Greenwich, CT
All power entering the home comes in through the electrical panel. Without the panel, electricity can’t be sent to where it’s needed within the home. While panels generally last around 60 years, they will require electrical panel repair if anything goes wrong. If you’ve noticed any problems with your panel or you want to make sure it’s working properly, Safe and Sound Electric LLC can help. We offer expert panel repair, replacement, maintenance, and more to keep your electrical panel in excellent condition, so you can depend on it to provide electricity for your home.
Contact us online or give us a call at (203) 536-0021 for more information on our electrical panel repair service or to schedule service.
How to Tell if Electrical Panel Repair is Needed
The electrical panel should work as expected most of the time. When something does go wrong, there will usually be signs that there is a problem. At the first sign of any issues, it’s best to call for electrical service panel repair. Some signs to watch out for include the following.
- Panel Feels Warm – If the panel is warm, it’s a sign that there are damaged wires behind the panel. It’s best to call for breaker panel repair right away to prevent it from getting worse.
- Signs of Burning or Melting – The panel shouldn’t get hot, so if there are signs of burning or melting, it is a major issue that needs to be fixed immediately. Call for residential electrical panel repair right away.
- Lights that Flicker or Dim – Lights should be steady when they’re on. If they flicker or dim randomly or when something is plugged in on the same circuit, it is a sign that there’s something wrong with the panel or that an electrical panel upgrade is needed.
- Tripping Circuit Breakers – If the circuits trip a lot, it could be due to an issue with the residential electrical panel. Calling for help right away is recommended.
Is it Better to Repair or Replace the Panel?
When there are issues with a panel, Greenwich, CT, homeowners may wonder if it’s better to have electrical panel repair done or if it might be time to consider an electrical panel replacement. In many cases, repairs can be done to get the panel working again and to keep the power on in the home. If any of the following apply, though, it may be time to think about an electrical panel replacement.
- Repairs are more frequent, or the cost is more than half of the cost of an upgraded panel. If it’s going to be expensive to repair, it may be more cost-effective to go ahead and upgrade.
- The panel is older or uses fuses and isn’t able to keep up with the power demands of the house. Fuses are outdated and not as safe as modern breakers, so upgrading the system may be recommended.
- The panel is not the correct size for the home. If the panel is too small for the home, it won’t provide sufficient power for everything that’s needed.
- The panel has significant damage to it and can’t be repaired.
We will always suggest circuit breaker repair if possible, but if it’s not, we can help with the electrical panel upgrade.
Preventing Future Issues with the Panel
Once the electrical panel repair is done, or the panel is upgraded, it’s time to consider how to keep the panel in good shape and prevent breaker panel repair in the future. The best way to do this is through regular electrical panel maintenance. We offer maintenance services and can work with you to choose the right schedule for electrical panel maintenance based on the panel and your home’s electrical use.
Call Us for Your Panel Repair Needs
When you need electrical panel repair, turn to the company Greenwich, CT, residents trust to keep their panels in great shape. Along with offering panel and circuit breaker repair, we can also help with maintenance for the residential electrical panel, upgrades, replacements, and more. If you aren’t sure if repairs are needed, schedule an inspection with Safe and Sound Electric LLC and let us take a look. We’ll make sure it’s in good shape and ready to keep the electricity on in your home.
All electricity comes through the panel into the home, so when something isn’t working right, it can be more than an inconvenience. If you’re worried about the condition of your home’s electrical panel, we can help with the electrical panel repair. Along with electrical service panel repair, we also provide other panel services like replacements and maintenance.
Call Safe and Sound Electric LLC now to request an inspection or schedule a repair service.
Hear from another of our happy customers
I’ve found them to always be reliable, trustworthy, and they do excellent work. I’ve used them time and again and I recommend them to everyone.”
– 5 Star Review by John D.